I participated in a crazy quilt round robin with a group of ladies from CQI over the past few months and have just sent the remainder of the work I did on to my friend in CA! I also received my own block home this week! Here are some photos to share with you!
Nicki's work on my block: I LOVE!! the over-embellishing she did to this teacup!! Organza roses, silk ribbon used to look like the cup is full of tea, couched copper fiber, beads and embroidery!! It is fabulous!
Nicki and extends on the opposite side of the teacup as well.
My work on Nicki's block.. I am beginning to enjoy seam embellishing and had a lot of fun with both of these seam treatments! Adding the butterflies finished off this space perfectly!
Nicki's hand dyed laces!
Diane's work on my block: This little lady spent many hours on my block over-embellishing 2 teacups as well as my teapot and then taking the time to also do a seam treatment!! The seam treatment is worked with a vine worked with silk ribbon, glass beads for flowers, acrylic flowers, and glass leaves. The teacup is gorgeously embellished with silk ribbon, tiny beads, and gold metallic threads!
Diane embellished! Tiny french knots for the flowers, pearl cotton couched down around the perimeter of the cup with tiny gold beads, and gold metallic thread to finish! LOVE it!!
Diane! Tiny french knots for the flowers and tiny french knots for the leaves! Gold and blue threads for outlining various areas of the teapot and outline stitch on the bottom of the teapot with a varigated pearl cotton. This girl went above and beyond on my block!
Diane's block: The seam treatment is worked to fall above and below the seam to fill the space well using glass hearts and seed beads. The organza doily was stitched down with tiny pink beads and the teapot and teacups were added to finish it off. I also gave her one of the acrylic words! I love using those!
Cathy L's work on my block: Using organza ribbon she stitched it down to look like steam coming out of the teacup and also fussy cut an Earl Grey tag out of some fabric and stitched it down to hang over the edge of the cup. She also stuffed a piece of fabric and put it on a piece of lace to represent a bon-bon.
Cathy also crocheted a hat and stuffed the inside so it would stand up well and embellished it with ribbon roses. Her seam treatment is beautiful with silk ribbon roses and an embroidered vine with rosebuds!
My work on Cathy L's block: I used organza beaded lace on the seam and then stitched a vine in the pink section. I embellished the vine with porcelain flowers and 2 teapot charms. In the small white area above that I laid down a piece of organza lace and added a teapot charm, sequin flowers, and embroidered leaves with silk ribbon. Nicki had worked this on my block and I loved it and this spot was perfect for something very similar.
Carolyn's work on my block: Carolyn had an old piece of linen that she cut and stitched right below the teapot in the center of my block to represent a tablecloth. She outline stitched a teabag to sit right below the teapot. She also folded 2 pieces of linen to represent napkins and secured them to the other piece of linen. She outline stitched a cherry on both napkins and stitched 2 cherries on the tablecloth. This was a really cute idea!!
My work on Carolyn's block: Carolyn actually sent along 2 pieces for us to work on and when it is complete, she will sew the 2 pieces together to make a tea cozy. On one side of her cozy I painted a piece of lace in the shape of an open heart. I then stitched it down and added white grosgrain ribbon which I twisted and couched down with beads. I then added one of my porcelain faces that I bought off of an Etsy site (sorry, can't remember which). The lady has blonde hair as does Carolyn and her hat matches the block perfectly! To finish I added the butterfly to the right of the heart stitching him a flight path.
Here is a full size photo of my block. I plan to over-embellish the 4th teacup so it matches the other 3 cups and teapot. I also need to do some kind of embroidery in the 4 corners because they are bare. I had thought about finishing it off in the octagonal shape but am afraid I could not bind the edges too well so I will do some kind of embroidery to finish the corners. It shouldn't take too long. I will show another photo once I have the block completed.
You can see some purple marks on one corner but that is where I have been drawing design ideas with the air erasable markers. :)