If you chose to add a blog list to your sidebar and chose the option to see the Icon of each blogger, you will see a tiny photo beside of the bloggers name or you may see an orange B for blogger. To see any of these you have to check-mark the box to show the icon when you initiate the blog list gadget. You can also go back and edit yours if you didn't choose it to begin with.
If you want a favicon to show by your blog name in any of the blog list that bloggers have added you to, this is how you do that... This is what mine now looks like on Brenda's blog and all other friends who have me on their blog list.
The purple heart is my favicon. :)
By the way, if you don't have a personal Favicon, your default icon is the orange B for blogger on all blogs who choose to show the Icons of the bloggers in their reading lists.
Here are some instructions on how to add your own custom Favicon to place by your blog name.
1. First, you must choose your photo and resize it to be 300 x 300. The photo HAS to be square.
I would suggest something that you can easily see... like you can see my heart easily and tell it is a heart.. I have seen dress forms, bumblebees, thread spools, colored squares, colored circles, ... etc.. that you can make out easily what they are. If you choose a photo that has a lot going on it, you won't be able to make out what it is once you reduce it down to 300 x 300 pixels.
2. Then... Choose Design in the upper right corner of your blog...
3. Choose Layout from the list on the left on this page ...
4. Look in the top left of the center screen on this page and click on the word Favicon...
5. Here you will browse on your computer for the image you resized and want to be your favicon.
6. When you find the image double click on it and the HTML of that photo will load in the box that the browse button is in.
7. Then click SAVE.
8. Go to one of your friends blogs that you know has you on their blog list and you should see your favicon. It will show up on every blog that has you on their list.
The cool thing is when you click on your blog in your favorites or if someone clicks on your blog in one of those list, your favicon is on the tab that opens for your blog right beside of your blogs name! Too cool!
Look up at the tab you are in for my blog, do you see my purple heart? :)
If you have me on your sidebar blog list, do you see my purple heart? Sure you do. :)
Now go get you a favicon! Let's all get spiffy together. :)
This is my new favicon for the old blog Pig Tales and Quilts. I might not blog there anymore but it deserved its own little pig. :)